Banana Walnut Protein CookiesFebruary 18, 2016
|Serves: 14 cookies|
These are as easy as bliss balls and taste just like mini crisp bites of banana bread. The great thing about them is that they are gluten-free, vegan, rich in protein and healthy satiating fats. Don't be afraid of banana's - especially not when consumed with all the other healthy ingredients in these cookies. They contain natural sugar (but you will only receive a small amount if you stick to 1-2 small cookies!) as well as potassium, vitamin B 6 and fibre. Keeping these low sugar I choose to add xylitol or stevia to sweeten them up a touch. These are the perfect bites to help keep blood sugar stable and satisfy a mid-morning sweet craving. Serving suggestion: a slice of banana and/or dollop of nut butter, yum!
For: 14 cookies
- 2 bananass (small-medium)
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 serving vegan vanilla protein (NuZest CLP)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (plus additional to top, 1 per cookie)
- 3 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp stevia, xylitol or sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder or extract
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Combine all ingredients (except decorative walnuts) in a food processor until a wet dough forms.
- Take a small handful of dough in between clean hands and roll into a ball (golf ball size).
- Place each ball on a non-stick lined baking tray and flatten using your hands or a fork.
- Top each cookie with a crushed walnut and an extra sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes before serving