Italian Stuffed CapsicumsMay 13, 2017
|Serves: 4 servings|
A favourite of mine, particularly as it is the only way I like green capsicum! Teff is a beautiful, gluten-free pseudo-grain that brings a "nutty" flavour, while the olives and capers offer a "meaty" quality to this dish. Flavoured with Italian herbs and spices, this warming main goes well with a delicious rocket side salad, and should be served fresh out of the oven!
For: 4 servings
- 4 large green capsicums
- 1 cup dry teff grain
- 1 400g can tomatoes or tomato pasta sauce
- 1 can organic lentils
- 14 kalamata olivess sliced/diced
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1 sprig rosemary leaves picked
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp capers
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Rock salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Slice the capsicums toward the top, creating a "lid". De-seed and place in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the teff in water according to the packet. As it nears the end, and the water is absorbed, add the canned tomatoes/sauce.
- Stir through the oregano, garlic, olives and capers. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain and rinse the lentils and throw into the stuffing mix.
- Stir through basil leaves and rosemary, cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Once the capsicums are ready, plate and use a spatula to scoop the teff stuffing into each "cup".
- Cover with the "lid" and serve!