Simple Vegan PancakesMarch 17, 2017
|Serves: 1 - 2 people (about 6 pancakes)|
P A N C A K E S . . . are about patience! Patience while your heating up the pan, patience while you wait to flip sides, patience while you make the next lot! These are vegan so are made without eggs... Meaning patience is so important because they're less likely to stick together! My tips are to make sure your pan is scorching before you pour the batter on, wait until it bubbles first side and test out the edge, if it isn't ready- don't force it! Give it another min. Use a huge pan and only do 2-3 at a time. Layer the fresh ones on top of the earlier ones to keep warm. This is an easy recipe that is sure to convert any clean-eating, vegan skeptic! The perfect Sunday treat.
For: 1 - 2 people (about 6 pancakes)
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour or ground oats
- 3/4 cup almond/coconut milk
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 tbsp Natvia natural sweetener (or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla exact (optional)
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp almond butter or tahini
- fresh berries
- chia berry jam
- 2 tbsp coconut yoghurt or cream
- extra banana and/or cinnamon
- cacao nibs, pumpkin seeds, walnuts etc.
- In a medium bowl, place all dry ingredients and mix together, ensuring no clumps.
- Blend banana, nut milk and vanilla extract, until liquid.
- Fold wet mixture into dry ingredients, whisking until smooth. If you need extra liquid add more nut milk.
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat. When hot, use a ladle to scoop out approximately 2-3 tbsp pancake batter at a time.
- When bubbles form (approx 4 mins), use a spatula to flip pancake to cook other side for a further 2-3 minutes. Repeat process until batter is finished.
- Stack and top with favourite toppings of choice!