Spiced Coconut muffinsJune 26, 2015
|Serves: 8 muffins|
For: 8 muffins
- 3 tbsp LSA
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1 cup coconut yoghurt I used coyo
- 1/2 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 2 ground flax eggs (2 tbsp flax soaked in 6 tbsp water for 10-20 mins)
- 2 tbsp stevia
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 vanilla bean seeds scraped
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cardamom (optional)
- pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180 C
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl, setting aside the ground flax in water in a medium bowl to set for 10-20 mins.
- Whisk coyo and almond milk together. When ready, add to flax eggs and stir well.
- Combine wet with dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Scoop mixture into a lined muffin tray and top with coconut chips or shredded coconut.
- Bake muffins for 40-45 minutes. Allow to stand for 15 minutes before removing from the tray.