A warm hug! And just like hugs, extremely beneficial… The effects of turmeric, or more specifically, its active constituent Curcumin have been well documented – fights inflammation; powerful antioxidant; detoxifies the body; prevents and supports treatment of chronic disease such as heart disease, cancer, Alzheimers, arthritis; fights the effects of aging… with all these benefits to our health and beauty, why not make it an everyday food? Throw it into stir-fries, curries, salad dressings, marinades, bliss balls, and now, this super easy latte that could, and maybe should, replace your beloved coffee 😉 It makes a great morning or afternoon tea – but just remember to use a crack of black pepper when using turmeric, to ensure its bio-availability.
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 tsp turrmeric
- 1 tsp stevia powder or about 5 stevia drops
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Sprinkle cracked black pepper (to best absorb turmeric)
- Pinch sea salt
- 1-2 drops vanilla extract (optional)
- Pour your nut milk and water into a small pot and begin to heat over low heat on the stove.
- Add turmeric, cinnamon, stevia, cracked black pepper and sea salt and any vanilla if you are using. Whisk together with a whisk or fork and allow to warm for a further 3-4 minutes, stirring gently.
- Either serve immediately in a mug, or pour into the blender to whiz it together for a few seconds once heated to make it extra frothy!
- Consume warm 🙂