Tahini BarkJune 12, 2018
Difficulties: clean dessert/delicious/healthy/healthy dessert/healthy recipe/pistachio/sydney nutritionist/tahini/tahini bark/vegan chocolate/vegan dessert/vegan nutritionist/vegan recipe
This tahini bark is a chocolate alternative, ideal for a post-dinner treat. Some people actually find cacao quite stimulating, so this is a great chocolate-like substitute that is more sleep friendly! Made with mineral, vitamin and antioxidant rich tahini and pistachios, and using only plant-based, natural ingredients, this satiating treat tastes just like white chocolate. Make it with ease and enjoy mindfully.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 3 tbsp. tahini
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 dash sea salt
- 2 tbsp. pistachios chopped
- Once coconut oil is melted, transfer into a medium-sized bowl.
- Gently whisk together with all other ingredients, except pistachios and 1 pinch sea salt.
- Line a baking tray (approx 24 x 15 cm) with baking paper and pour the mixture in, spreading evenly. You want it to be quite thin, no more than 1/2 cm deep (even slightly less).
- Sprinkle with the chopped pistachios and the final pinch of sea salt.
- Place in the freezer for at least 60 mins, before breaking it up or slicing it into pieces and storing in an air tight container.