Almond & Turmeric LatteMarch 22, 2017
|Serves: 1 serving|
Similar to my frothy tahini hot chocolate, this one uses almond butter for a more creamy turmeric latte. Anti-inflammatory due to the turmeric and the healthy fats from the almond butter/milk. Don't skip the black pepper! It is in here to better absorb the beneficial turmeric 🙂
For: 1 serving
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup filtered water/coconut water
- 1 tbsp almond butter or tahini
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch cardamom (optional)
- Pinch sea salt
- Crack black pepper
- Heat all ingredients (except almond butter) in a small saucepan on the stove, over medium heat.
- Whisk gently, until warm, about 3-4 minutes.
- Pour the warmed milk into the blender with the almond butter and BLEND for 30-60 seconds, until smooth and frothy.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy this creamy, frothy, golden cuppa!