Anti-inflammatory shredded apple + carrot chia/bircher potOctober 22, 2019
Difficulties: anti-inflammatory/antioxidants/bircher muesli/breakfast/chia pudding/clean eating/fibre/vegan breakfast/vegan recipe/veggies for breakfast
Pardon the long name! This sweet little dish is just too good on so many levels to not mention it all!
Reasons why it is awesome:
- ANTI-INFLAMMATORY ingredients - the star (hidden) ingredient is TURMERIC... so many of my clients struggle to get this into their everyday and this is a delicious way to barely notice it, whilst consuming the fresh plant and it's host of disease-fighting benefits (note, turmeric is why we add the pinch of black pepper, to fully activate the benefits);
- Fruit + veg - it's always good to include both of these in the first meal of the day, especially veggies, as we want to aim for as many servings as possible!
- Packed with FIBRE... thanks to the fibre-loaded chia + apple, carrot as well as any additional seeds/fruit;
- It's a chia pudding but also texturally like a bircher, so it's rich in omega-3 and a no-grain alternative that still has some healthy carbs from the apple/carrots.
*Note, try mixing it up i.e. swap the apple for pear or the carrots for beetroot.
For: 1 servings
- 1 small apple shredded
- 1 small carrot shredded
- 1 tsp. fresh turmeric/ginger grated
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. seeds of choice (pumpkin, sunflower, sesame, ground flax)
- 2 heaped tbsp. coconut yoghurt
- Tiny pinch black pepper
- 10 min
- Ready in:
- 2 h 10 min
- Mix all ingredients together in a jar or bowl, stirring coconut yoghurt through until well coated.
- Allow it to set in the fridge over night or for a couple of hours.
- Add fresh fruit such as berries, papaya, banana or kiwi fruit in the morning, raw nuts, a sprinkle of cinnamon +/ a drizzle of maple syrup, if desired.