I love tahini in everything from dressings and dips to bliss balls and smoothies! It brings a unique taste that I adore. If you don’t like tahini, try this recipe with any nut butter. Tahini does have some wonderful benefits, one of which is it is rich in calcium with 1 tbsp being around 70mg. Enjoy this smoothie after a morning workout or on the go for a flavoursome nutrient dense breakfast or snack!
- 1 large handful spinach leaves
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 small knob ginger
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 serving vanilla protein optional
- 1/2 tsp stevia
- Blend all the ingredients together, leaving out tahini, stevia and only using a half tsp of cinnamon and leaving the other 1/2 for topping.
- Whisk together tahini, cinnamon and stevia in a small bowl.
- Pour smoothie into a jar, and drizzle a swirl of tahini mix on top with a tsp. Top with crunchy nuts, seeds or granola