One of my very first smoothie bowls, and I must say, a pretty one! I always encourage you to “eat the rainbow” – and this little delight certainly helps with that! Eating a variety of fresh food colours ensures you get a variety of nutrients that each fruit or veg delivers. Both kiwi and blueberries are low GI which means they don’t spike blood sugar. They are also both full of antioxidants and great for immunity! Top with your favourite superfood sprinkles… I chose bee pollen, goji berries and a sprinkle of my Granola
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1/2 cup filtered water (less if you want it extra thick)
- handful spinach leaves
- 1/2 kiwi fruit
- small knob ginger (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 5-6 ice cubess
- 1/2 kiwi fruit to top
- 3 tbsp homemade coconut granola to top
- 1 tsp bee pollen (optional, to top)
- Blend all ingredients except toppings. Use less water for more thickness, or more ice.
- Pour into a bowl or glass and top with your favourite toppings.