Buzzin’ Breakfast LoafJuly 10, 2017
|Serves: 8 - 10 slices|
For that on-the-go quick fix, try this fibre-ful loaf to get you buzzin' in the morning! It has everything you need to keep you satiated and nourished until your next meal - fibre, healthy fats, protein, b vitamins, antioxidants, and a sneaky serving of veg 🙂 Enjoy 1-2 slices on its own (it's full of flavour!) or with a little nut butter, if desired.
For: 8 - 10 slices
- 1.5 cups buckwheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats ground in a processor or blender until flour-like
- 4 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- squeeze lemon juice
- 1 zucchini grated
- 1 green or red apple grated
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 170 C.
- Put the wet ingredients into your blender/food processor and blend until smooth.
- Mix the dry ingredients together (remember to grind your oats!) in a medium-large bowl.
- Pour the wet mixture into the bowl and add the dry the ingredients. Mix thoroughly with a spoon or spatula.
- Fold in folding ingredients.
- Line a loaf tin with non-stick baking paper, and gently pour the dough into the tin.
- Decorate with any extra seeds or fruit.
- Bake loaf in the oven for approx 65-70 mins.
- Let cool completely before removing from pan and slicing.