These sound too good to be true, right? Well they’re not! Using maca, lucuma and mesquite with a little cinnamon really does make them taste caramel-like, and the golden hue obviously comes from my favourite spice, TURMERIC. Turmeric is incredible- it contains curcumin which is so amazing it has been formulated into pills, however to best absorb the beneficial constituents of this you must consume it with a pinch of black pepper (not much), and a lot of the pills do not contain this. As such, I like to consume 1 tsp a day where I can which is easy with turmeric latte’s, dressings, asian stir-fries or curries etc. and now… in your breakfast with these golden oats! Turmeric is anti-inflammatory and has shown promise in preventing various types of cancer, osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid arthritis, Alzheimer’s and other chronic conditions. Enjoy these tasty, nutritious, supercharged oats for brekky for a powered-up bowl of goodness!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp maca
- 1/2 tsp mesquite
- 1/2 tsp lucuma
- 1/2-1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp stevia, xylitol, maple syrup
- 1 tbsp tahini + extra drizzle to top
- 1 date chopped
- Pinch black pepper
- Sprinkle sesame seeds to finish (optional)
- Simply cover the oats in water and cook on the stove.
- Stir through all your spices and superfoods, don't forget the pinch of pepper!
- Next, throw in your sweetener and chopped date, stirring.
- Add your tahini, mix well to combine so the oats are nice and creamy.
- Once fully cooked, use a spatula to scoop into a bowl.
- Top with an extra drizzle tahini, and a sprinkle of sesame seeds. Yum!