I’ve always loved creamy tomato soup! Nut butter makes the perfect replacement for dairy. I am a big fan of chermoula as it incorporates some of my favourite spices and brings a nice exotic kick with it! This soup is definitely a tummy warmer and will satisfy any rich and decadent craving for a hearty carb-rich meal, On that, why not add some zucchini pasta, konjac noodles, or pasta of choice to it for a saucy stew-like dish. You will love!
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 brown onion sliced
- 1 can organic tomatoes (nothing else added)
- 1 red capsicum sliced
- 4 tbsp natural almond butter
- 2 cups water/broth
- 1-2 tsp chermoula spice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Cracked pepper
- handful fresh coriander leaves
- Heat the oil in a large sauce pan over a medium flame.
- Add the sliced onions and minced garlic. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add in the capsicum (if using), the tomatoes with juice and the paste/sauce. Allow to cook through and continue stirring, using the spoon to break the tomatoes up. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a blender, adding the 4 cups of water/broth and almond butter. Blend on high for 1 minute, or until thoroughly combined.
- Return soup to the pan and add in the spices, salt and pepper. Warm for a further 3-5 minutes, with the lid on.
- Remove from heat and pour into a bowl, top with coriander and any additions. If making this your main meal, add in bean and/or chickpeas, seeds, crushed almonds, shredded chicken or a boiled egg!