Chewy Choc Chip CookiesJuly 18, 2016
|Serves: 12 cookies|
These are simple, clean treats that are perfect dunked in a warming drink 😉 My personal favourite is a chai tea! I don't know what is better - the cookies or the dough! If you are time poor (or just impatient) I would go as far as saying that you could forget about baking them altogether, skip the baking powder/soda, and enjoy them as cookie dough bliss balls 🙂 Made from nothing but nuts, natural sweetener, and a little good quality vegan chocolate, this is a heart-healthy fat sensation that will curb a sweet craving, deliver a healthy dose of vitamin E and be kind on your digestive system. Enjoy x x
For: 12 cookies
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- 4-5 tbsp stevia, xylitol or coconut sugar
- 4 heaped tbsp natural almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch pink himalayan/celtic sea salt
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips (if you can't find, chop up vegan chocolate, or use cacao nibs)
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper, and preheat the oven to 160 C.
- Mix the flax meal with 1/3 cup water in a small bowl, and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine all the dry ingredients - almond meal, coconut flour, sweetener, baking powder and soda, and salt. Use a fork to ensure there are no clumps.
- Spoon the almond butter and vanilla into the bowl, using a fork or large spoon to combine ingredients. You can use hands, but it will get messy!
- When all ingredients are doughy, fold through the soaked flax ("flax egg").
- Add the chocolate chips, stirring to distribute evenly.
- Roll into bliss-ball sized balls (about the size of a ping-pong) between your two palms. Then, place each ball onto the baking tray and press down lightly to flatten (just a little). Repeat with the rest of the dough!
- Place the cookies into the oven to bake for 20 minutes. When ready, the cookies should be lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven, and allow to stand for 10 minutes before transferring the cookies to a cooling rack for a further 20 minutes to harden.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for the week!