Chocolatey Easter NestsMarch 26, 2018
|Serves: 8 pieces||Prep time: 5min.||Cook time: 60min.|
Difficulties: chocolate crackles/clean eating/easter/easter nests/healthy easter/healthy holidays/healthy treat/vegan chocolate/vegan chocolate crackles/vegan easter/vegan kids/vegan nests/vegan nutritionist sydney/vegan recipe
No need for deprivation when these types of holiday's come around, just adjustment. Healthy living is an around the clock commitment and should be enjoyable and flexible! These are a festive take on chocolate crackles for your Easter celebrations! The chocolate is as healthy as can be, dairy-free, using only unrefined sugar and just the right level of sweetness. I used what I had in the kitchen i.e. coconut flakes, millet puffs and raw almonds - but I think shredded coconut with macadamia eggs would work a treat! Definitely would look cute in an easter hunt for kids and big kids alike! Tag me if you make them, would love to see your healthy, happy, plant-based Easter!
For: 8 pieces
- 1 cup flaked/shredded coconut
- 1 cup puffed millet or rice
- 2-3 tbsp. coconut nectar (depending on desired sweetness)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- Pinch 1/2 tsp sea salt and black pepper
- 18-24 raw almonds or macadamiass (3 nuts per
- Throw all coconut, puffed millet/rice and sea salt together in one medium-large bowl, big enough to mix well in.
- In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together the coconut oil with the coconut nectar until well combined.
- Next, whisk the cacao powder into the coconut oil mixture until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate syrup over the dry ingredients, and use a spatula to throughly combine and coat.
- Line a muffin tin with non-stick papers, and begin to scoop approx 3 tbsp into each holder. Pat down with the back of a spoon to pack tightly.
- Once all the mixture is gone, press three raw nuts in to each nest lightly, these are your "eggs" in the nest 🙂
- Place in the fridge for at least 60 mins before serving. Store refridgerated in an airtight container. Yum!