No need for deprivation when these types of holiday’s come around, just adjustment. Healthy living is an around the clock commitment and should be enjoyable and flexible! These are a festive take on chocolate crackles for your Easter celebrations! The chocolate is as healthy as can be, dairy-free, using only unrefined sugar and just the right level of sweetness. I used what I had in the kitchen i.e. coconut flakes, millet puffs and raw almonds – but I think shredded coconut with macadamia eggs would work a treat! Definitely would look cute in an easter hunt for kids and big kids alike! Tag me if you make them, would love to see your healthy, happy, plant-based Easter!
- 1 cup flaked/shredded coconut
- 1 cup puffed millet or rice
- 2-3 tbsp. coconut nectar (depending on desired sweetness)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- Pinch 1/2 tsp sea salt and black pepper
- 18-24 raw almonds or macadamiass (3 nuts per
- 5 min
- 1 h
- Ready in:
- 1 h 5 min
- Throw all coconut, puffed millet/rice and sea salt together in one medium-large bowl, big enough to mix well in.
- In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together the coconut oil with the coconut nectar until well combined.
- Next, whisk the cacao powder into the coconut oil mixture until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate syrup over the dry ingredients, and use a spatula to throughly combine and coat.
- Line a muffin tin with non-stick papers, and begin to scoop approx 3 tbsp into each holder. Pat down with the back of a spoon to pack tightly.
- Once all the mixture is gone, press three raw nuts in to each nest lightly, these are your "eggs" in the nest 🙂
- Place in the fridge for at least 60 mins before serving. Store refridgerated in an airtight container. Yum!