Clean Crunchy Nut Corn Flakes!!!August 29, 2017
|Prep time: 10min.||Cook time: 20min.||Passive time: 30min.|
When I was younger, I wasn't a chocolate-for-breakfast cereal kinda girl, but crunchy nut cornflakes were my jam! Born out of a sentimental craving, I decided to try my hand at perfecting a healthy, minimal ingredient version of them. Voila! Insanely delicious, super crunchy. Who would have thought that the gluten-free, refined-sugar-free and vegan version of a not-so-healthy classic would taste even better?!! Serving suggestion: plant-based milk + handful of berries 🙂
- 300g packet natural corn flakes (I like this brand, ensure nothing nasty added)
- 1 cup almonds chopped
- 1 cup cashews chopped
- 2/3 cup coconut syrup
- 3 heaped tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2-1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 160 C.
- Chop nuts using a knife or a food processor.
- Combine chopped nuts, corn flakes and sea salt in a large bowl.
- Pour coconut syrup and the melted coconut oil over the dry mixture.
- Use a spatula to mix and coat well.
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper and scatter the cereal across. Sprinkle with cinnamon, if using.
- Bake for 12 mins, remove to toss, then bake for a further 8 mins.
- Allow to cool for at least 30 mins before consuming/storing in an airtight jar/container.