Coconut, Spiced Apple & Blueberries Breakfast CookiesAugust 4, 2017
|Serves: 10 cookies|
Great for those rushed mornings - 2 of these should fill you up! Feel free to add a pea or rice protein powder if desired to the mix (approx 3 tbsp), but rest assured, the fibre, healthy fat and quality carbs in these should keep you nice and satiated.
For: 10 cookies
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseeds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup apple sauce unsweetened
- 3-4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 small green apple shredded
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 180 C
- Pulse all your dry ingredients in a food processor 3-3 times, until ¾ of the mixture is floury (we want some chunks!).
- Transfer to a medium bowl and add the apple sauce, maple syrup, and vanilla. Stir well.
- Once combined, fold in the blueberries and shredded apple.
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Take approx 2 tbsp worth of batter into your palms and roll into balls. Gently flatten them onto the tray with a spatula.
- Place in the oven and bake 25 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 15-20 mins.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate.