The best potato chip replacement I have come across, perfect for those of you with crunchy and salty cravings!
- 1 eggplant thinly sliced with a mandolin
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- TAHINI DIPPING SAUCE
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 lemon , juice only
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1-2 tsp warm water
- Using a mandolin thinly slice the eggplant into circles.
- Sprinkle chips with salt.
- Heat a large pan (big enough to fit a single layer of chips, you may need to do two batches) on high and melt coco oil.
- Reduce heat to medium and place the chips in a single layer in the pan. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Allow to cook on one side for 5 mins before flipping over.
- Cook on the second side for 8-10 mins, until crispy.
- Remove from pan and plate. Serve hot! (Still delicious colder, but they will lose crisp).
- Whisk ingredients together with a fork until desired consistency. Add salt & pepper to taste.