Jazz up your regular avocado on toast with this super nutritious, plant protein-rich spread. A lot of people complain that avocado on toast isn't satisfying them, so why not up the protein, fibre and nutrient value by adding in this sneaky little legume to the party. The use of raw miso lends a bit of gut-loving probiotics to the equation too. It also tastes amazing and is great if not just for variety, without leaving out the avocado (because avocado should never be forgotten entirely!).
- 200 g edamame (frozen, then soaked in boiling water and strained)
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 shallotss sliced
- 1.5 lemons or limess juice only
- 2 tbsp. gluten-free, unpasturised miso paste
- 1 tbsp. mirin sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- Splash filtered water
- Sea salt & cracked pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients into a food processor and blend until well mixed, using a stick to move things around as needed.
- Scoop into a jar or serving bowl.
- If not serving right away, seal and place in the fridge for up to 1 week.