This is a variation to my standard hot chocolate I usually have before bed. This one is a little more creamy and frothy, due to the tahini and use of a blender. I like to enjoy this for morning or afternoon tea. Choc-tahini is a fabulous combo! A great way to get in this extremely nutritious paste… tahini is simply blended sesame seeds, which are great sources of plant-based calcium and iron. When you eat more plant-foods, you can be sure to always get a little nutrient boost 🙂
- 1.5 cups almond or coconut milk (or 1/2 and 1/2 mylk and water)
- 1 tbsp raw cacao
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tsp stevia/xylitol
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- Heat all ingredients (except tahini) in a small saucepan on the stove, over medium heat.
- Whisk gently, until warm, about 3-4 minutes.
- Pour the warmed milk into the blender with the tahini and BLEND for 30-60 seconds, until smooth and frothy.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy this creamy, frothy, chocolate delight!