Gingerbread BitesDecember 15, 2016
|Serves: 14 bites|
These are the perfect Christmas snack/treat to have when you feel like something sweet but don't want to dive into the pudding! They also make great gifts to bring to friends places who are hosting you, or drop off in little cellophane bags as Chrissy gifts. Your friends will love you! Especially as they are gluten-free, sugar-free and vegan-friendly. Oh and what's even better - they contain ginger (a key ingredient!) which can help alleviate any nausea or stomach upset you might be experiencing after a big meal! Pair with a ginger tea for maximum results 🙂
For: 14 bites
- 1.5 cups almond meal
- 1 cup brazil nuts
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp stevia
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 20 g ginger
- 3 tbsp filtered water
- 1/2-1 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp maca powder (optional)
- 2 pinch sea salt
- Place the knob of ginger (approx 5 cm) into your processor and blend until finely grated.
- Next add the brazil nuts, and process until well-crushed.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients, process until crumb-like.
- Finally, add the filtered water and vanilla extract. Process, allowing it to form a dough. Push down the sides of the bowl if required, and process again.
- Taking 2-3 tbsp of batter into your palms, roll between them into ping-pong sized balls.
- Scatter with desiccated coconut if desired, and add a cute little pumpkin seed/goji berry button by pressing it into each bite!
- Cool in the fridge for at least 1-2 hours before consuming. Store in refrigerator for up to 7-8 days.