Tabbouleh can either divide or unite people! Some people have a strong aversion to parsley. This one is a little more mild, with the silverbeet bulking it up. The idea came to me when I had chopped up a big bunch of parsley only to see how small it became! Not wanting to go out to the shops, I made do with what I had in my fridge… Silverbeet. It made a delicious variation! Also straying from the traditional recipe, I have used raw cauliflower rice in place of bulgur, to make it entirely raw, plant-based, gluten-and-wheat-free! It is so refreshing and a great accompaniment to any meal, or sandwich/wrap filling.
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 bunch silverbeet
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 white onion
- 1/8 cauliflower
- 1 lemon juice only
- 1/4 cup extra virign olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- sea salt and pepper
- If you have a food processor, process each the parsley, silverbeet, onion and cauliflower separately until finely chopped. The cauliflower should resemble cauliflower rice. Alternatively, finely chop each of them using a sharp knife.
- Toss the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Next, dice the cherry tomatoes and place them in the bowl.
- Whisk the dressing together with a fork, and pour over the salad when ready to serve. Voila!