Good Morning Green SmoothieSeptember 27, 2016
|Serves: 1 person|
A lot of you have seen me make my every-day smoothie on SnapChat and Insta-Story... so here is the usual recipe I go off. I mix up my greens, sometimes kale, silverbeet, broccoli, cucumber in place of others, but this is my absolute favourite recipe. So many of us consider ourselves healthy eaters, some vegan, some paleo, but many are seriously lacking in the fibre department. I'm talking about raw vegetables. This is what we need to be eating in abundance to get in not only colon-healthy fibre, but all those key vitamins and minerals that ensure we feel vibrant and optimal! This power-packed green drink provides over 3 servings of veg, plus two servings of alkalising, hydrating fruit. Remember, no need to be afraid of fruit!! I have my lemon water, followed by this smoothie, and then if I am still hungry I have a slice of gluten-free avocado toast, bircher/porridge or a turmeric latte a little later. It is the best energy drink, the best start to the day. Try it yourself and feel the difference!
For: 1 person
- 2 large handfuls spinach
- 1 handful cos lettuce
- 1 stalk celery (preferrably with leaves too)
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup frozen mango or 1-2 kiwis
- 1 cup filtered water/coconut water
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Blend the leafy greens and water together until liquid.
- Next add, celery, mango, banana and lemon, blend again until smooth!
- Feel free to add ginger, turmeric, lime, coriander, parsley...any boosters you so choose!