These are a fantastic nutritious snack and great to serve as a starter when entertaining. So crispy and flavoursome and far superior than regular potato chips. Kale is rich in calcium, magnesium and vitamin K, contributing to good bone health. Filled with fibre and sulfer, Kale is great for the liver and detoxifying the body.
The dip also goes really well with raw vegetable sticks or seed crackers. Add more water or lemon juice to it for a delicious salad dressing! Tahini also contains significant calcium, making this meal a wonderful, dairy-free calcium-rich snack.
- 1/2 bunch Kale
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1-2 tsp herbs/spices (I like a mix of nutritional yeast, paprika & garlic powder)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- De-stem kale and tear it into small pieces. Wash & dry throughly, using a salad spinner for best results.
- Massage melted coconut oil into the leaves for a minute.
- Sprinkle herbs and salt on top and mix thoroughly.
- Bake on 150 C fan forced for 10 minutes, before turning the tray around and baking for an additional 10-12 minutes. Check them as oven times vary- they should be lightly brown and crisp.
- Remove, and serve with dipping sauce.
- Combine all ingredients in a shallow bowl and whisk together with a fork until smooth and creamy. Add more or less liquid to your desired consistency.