Lemon Cheesecake Snow BallsJune 26, 2015
|Serves: 12 snow balls|
One of the very first bliss balls I came up with, and definitely still a favourite. I was never big on chocolate flavoured things growing up - don't get me wrong, I loved chocolate! Just not really chocolate cake, milk, ice cream etc. I saw so many healthy bliss balls but all using cacao, and so I was desperate to come up with a non-chocolate creation. Voila! These are the perfect solution. Vanilly, zesty, and credit to the creamy cashews, taste just like cheesecake! Roll in your favourite toppings or do a pick 'n mix like me! Remember with all my bliss balls, you don't absolutely have to add protein, and perhaps for a dessert you might not, but as snacks for morning or afternoon tea I like to, to increase their satiety.
For: 12 snow balls
- 1 lemon rind
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla extract/powder
- 1 tsp optional
- 1 Serving protein powder I love NuZest Vanilla for these
- pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut water (variations: cold green tea or filtered water)
- Scatter about ¼ cup coconut onto a plate, for rolling the snow balls in.
- In a food processor, blend all ingredients (except coconut water) for 10-20 seconds, until crumb-like.
- Add the coconut water and blend for a further 10 seconds.
- Once a doughy consistency is formed, take about 1 tbsp worth and roll into a ping-pong sized ball.
- Roll the ball in the coconut covered plate until well coated. Repeat until all dough is used.
- Refrigerate snow balls immediately. Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Variation – add some fresh grated ginger for cashew ginger balls! Variation 2 – use 1/2 cup almonds half cashews + add nutmeg and cinnamon. Delicious!