This was a creation from an “I have nothing in the house” moment that went so right! I didn’t have many fresh ingredients on hand so made do with what I had. The inspiration for this came from a lemon poppyseed cake! The addition of ground flax not only adds omega 3, but also contributes to that cakey quality. Try not to skip! Feel free to use vanilla protein powder, as well, if extra hungry.
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup water or almond milk
- 1 tbsp stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla powder/bean
- 1 lemon rind only
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut to top
- 1 tbsp chia seeds stir through or top
- pinch sea salt
- Cook oats, chia and flax in water/almond milk, salt, ½ lemon rind and vanilla over medium heat. Allow to boil and then reduce to a simmer for 2-3 mins.
- Turn heat off and add stevia, stir through well.
- Plate and top with the other half of the lemon rind, extra chia seeds and shredded coconut.