A true winter warmer. This vegan saucey stew is flavoursome and chunky, just the way bolognese should be! Packed with veggies and protein-rich legumes it makes the perfect lunch or dinner atop of brown rice or quinoa or konjac noodles/rice or zucchini pasta if you are after something lighter. It really satisfies that craving for rich comfort food.
- 400g lentilss
- 1 can organic canned tomatoes or punnet cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 celery stickss diced
- 2 carrotss diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1/2 cup vegetable/chicken stock or plain water works too
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- chilli flakes optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saut̩ the carrot, onion, celery and garlic in the oil for approx 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the lentils, tomatoes, stock, spices, salt and pepper and stir through.
- Allow to simmer for approximately 15 minutes with the lid on, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chopped parsley and remove from flame.
- Serve with brown rice, konjac noodles/rice, zucchini pasta or quinoa.