I am obsessed with the texture of these, doughy with juicy hits of sweet berries! A great sweet treat or healthy snack. Completely sugar-free and vegan, made from oats and berries, these are practically breakfast 🙂 I hope you love them as much as I do…
- 2 cups oats
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1.5 cups coconut milk
- 1/3 cup + 2 tsp monk fruit (or xylitol, stevia, maple syrup)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flaxseed meal with 3 tbsp water, let soak for 10 mins)
- 3 tsp organic matcha powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- sqeeze lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Small handful fresh or frozen raspberries
- Make your flax egg by combing 1 tbsp flax with 3 tbsp water in a small bowl, allowing to stand for 10+ minutes, until needed.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Line a muffin tin with baking patties.
- Using a blender/food processor, grind the oat until they break down to form a flour.
- Add in the coconut, sweetener of choice (unless liquid, then add to next step), matcha powder, baking powder, baking soda and blend to combine.
- Place the dry mixture into a bowl, and gently pour in the cooconut milk, melted coconut oil, flax egg, and vanilla, whisking to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin patties in the baking tin.
- Place 3-4 raspberries into each muffin, either pushing them down into the batter or leaving on top.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove, and allow to cool for 20-30 minutes. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for approx 5 days.