Healthy, light and very nutritious! Loaded with fermented foods, thyroid-healthy sea vegetables, liver-loving cruciferous veg and anti-inflammatory spices.
For: 4 servings
- 400g organic tofu or tempeh sliced
- 4 servings brown rice, soba or sweet potato noodles cooked as instructed by the packet
- 5 cups water
- 1 peice kombu
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 1.5 tbsp miso paste
- 2 cups broccoli chopped
- 1 cup snow peas, snap peas or zucchini sliced
- 1 cup Mushrooms sliced
- 1 brown onion sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 sheets nori sliced
- 1 handful dulse flakes torn
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- Place the water in a large pot with the kombu and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, lower to a simmer and cover for 5 minutes.
- Remove the kombu and discard. Stir through the garlic, ginger, chilli and broccoli. Again, allow to simmer for a further 5 minutes, covered.
- Meanwhile, pan-fry the onion and mushrooms, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the onions brown. Add to the broth.
- In the same pan, pan-fry the tofu or tempeh in a little coconut oil, 4-6 mins each side. Set aside.
- Add the tamari to the soup, and remove from heat.
- Stir through seaweed and dulse flakes.
- In a small bowl take a few tbsp of the warm soup and mix with 2 tbsp cold water, and whisk with miso until smooth. Add it to the broth and stir thoroughly.
- Divide the noodles into four bowls.
- Cover each bowl of noodles with soup and vegetables.
- Top with tofu/tempeh and a few torn leaves of coriander.