Delicious and easy, these mocha bites can fill that second coffee craving! Filled with fibre, clean vegan protein powder, good fats and energy-boosting cacao, these bites are the perfect post-workout snack or energy-booster. As you know, I love to use leftover almond pulp from making almond milk to make these bites, as there is no wastage, it encourages you to make your own almond milk (not hard!) and saves the pricey nuts and nut meals for other things! See here for my instructions on how to DIY almond milk. If you want to replace with almond meal or almonds, feel free, just be sure to add some water 🙂
- 1 cup almond pulp (leftover from almond milk) OR almond meal
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp stevia, xylitol, maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 scoops Nuzest espresso vegan protein powder (or sub vanilla, and add a shot of coffee)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- pinch sea salt
- If wanting to use "almond pulp" (makes it quite cakey), soak 1 cup almonds overnight and make almond milk the next day according to my instructions (recipe link above). Use leftover pulp from straining in this recipe. If not, use almond meal in place and add additional liquid as needed, a splash or two of water should do.
- Place the pulp/meal in the processor with the other ingredients, except leave a few of the walnuts (approx 3 tbsp, chopped) out.
- Process the mixture until dough-like.
- Throw in 3 tbsp crushed walnuts and stir through to properly combine.
- Taking 1-2 tbsp in your hands, roll the dough between clean palms, until the size of a ping-pong ball. Repeat until you have used all the mixture.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week.