Mung Bean Sesame BurgersMarch 10, 2016
Full of flavour and texture, these delightful burger patties make a meal! They are the healthiest burgers around: vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free and made from real whole-foods. Choose which ever bean or legume you have on hand and get to making them! Get creative with your herb or spice choice too… as always, it’s easy to adjust to your tastes and preferences. They are super easy to whip up, oh-so delicious and 100% wholesome. See the end of the instructions for serving suggestions 🙂
For: 8 patties
- 2 cups mung beans (or bean of choice, freshly cooked or canned)
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 medium carrot grated
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1 red onion diced
- 1/2 bunch coriander leaves and stems, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1-2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 lemon juice only
- 20 min
- 35 min
- Ready in:
- 55 min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- In a food processor, pulse the mung/black beans until they form a chunky paste (leaving a few beans whole)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sesame seeds, spices, salt and pepper.
- Next, add the mung bean "paste", minced garlic, coconut oil and lemon juice to the dry mix and combine well using a large spoon.
- Fold in the carrots, onion and coriander. Add a splash of water if the mix appears too dry.
- Taking a large handful, roll dough into a large ball, place it on the lined baking tray and use the palm of your hand to flatten to shape a burger patty. Repeat the process with remaining dough.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove and flip each patty, before returning them to the oven to bake for a further 20 minutes - until firm and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and serve warm - either between quality bread, two portobello mushrooms, wrapped in a crunchy lettuce leaf or atop a salad.