N’Egg Nogg (no-egg-nog)December 15, 2016
|Serves: 4 servings|
It's Christmas time, and here at Health & Bloom we aren't about to miss out on some egg-nog inspired goodness. Enter, n'egg nog i.e. no-egg-nog. This is a healthy spin on a timeless classic, 100% plant-based and nutritious. It is the holiday season, so I have used dates here for both sweetness and thickness - see my article here if you are still concerned about natural sugar 🙂 and here if you are interested in learning more about stevia. I hope these help! And I hope that you enjoy this one with a happy heart 🙂
For: 4 servings
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked for 1-4 hours or overnight, drained and rinsed
- 6 medjool datess
- 1 tsp Natvia natural sweetener or other preferred stevia/xylitol
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- Pinch sea salt
- Pitt your dates and boil enough water to cover the dates in a bowl for at least 10 minutes (to soften).
- Once ready, throw all the ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth, at least 20-30 seconds.
- Taste, and adjust spices/sweetness to your desired tastes.
- Serve immediately - it will be slightly warm due to the dates - heat it up more on the stove, or refrigerate to enjoy chilled.