Peanut butter & Jelly OatsMarch 20, 2017
|Serves: 1 person|
PB&J - a classic combo (even though in Aus we call it jam!). Sweet and savoury brekky to have you feeling full and fierce to tackle the day!
For: 1 person
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1.5 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 2-3 tsp stevia, xylitol or coconut nectar
- Pinch sea/rock salt
- 2 tbsp homemade chia berry jam (recipe here)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- In a small saucepan, cover oats with water (approx 1 cup) and place on the stove over medium heat.
- When it begins to boil, lower to a simmer, cover the pot and cook through, approx 5 mins, stirring occasionally. You can add a dash of nut milk if you desire.
- Once ready, stir through stevia, vanilla, 1 tbsp peanut butter, sea salt, and allow to cook for a further minute or two. Note: add ground flaxseeds if you have for an extra boost!
- Use a spatula to pour into a bowl. Top with chia jam and drizzle with the last half of the peanut butter.