Pesto-stuffed Mushrooms with walnut + lentil “meat”December 19, 2019
Difficulties: clean eating/gluten-free dinner ideas/healthier dinner option/healthy and delicious/lentils/mushrooms/pesto/stuffed mushrooms/vegan dinner/vegan protein/walnut-meat
Pesto-Stuffed mushrooms are always a wonderful side dish, but try these super-boosted mushies with added lentils to make a more "meaty", satiating main dish.
- 4-6 large portobello mushroomss stems removed
- 1.5 cup basil leaves / parsley +/ kale/spinach
- 1 cup brown lentils cooked
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 lemon juice + optional sprinkle of zest
- 3 garlic clovess
- Sea salt + black pepper to taste
- 10 min
- 30 min
- Ready in:
- 40 min
- Preheat oven to 180 C and line baking tray.
- De-stem each mushroom and set aside for a stir-fry.
- Pulse all other ingredients together in a high-powered processor/blender until well-combined. Add a splash of olive oil or water if needed, but stuffing should be thick.
- Place mushrooms onto lined baking tray, with the stem-side facing up.
- Scoop approx 2 tbsp into each mushroom (depending on how large shrooms are).
- Bake in oven for 25-30 mins.
- Serve with a sprinkle of nutritional yeast or cashew cheese, if desired.