This is better than potato salad! The creamy avocado dijon dressing and purple sweet potato is a match made in heaven. You will impress everyone with this easy and healthy dish. No one will miss the egg/mayonnaise of regular potato salad, promise!
For: 4 -6 servings
- 1/2 bunch Kale finely chopped
- 2 large Hawaiin purple sweet potatoes peeled, baked, chopped
- 1 lebanese cucumber diced
- 2 large stalks celery diced
- 1/4 cup shallots sliced
- 1/4 cup dill chopped
- 1 large soft avocado
- 1 tbsp dulse flakes
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 lemon juice only
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into bite-sized cubes.
- Line a baking tray with a sheet of non-stick baking paper and scatter with chopped potatoes. Bake for 40 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mash the avocado, dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper together until the texture of gaucamole.
- Stir through the dulse flakes.
- Chop, wash and dry the kale and throw into a bowl.
- Add the shallots, cucumber and dill to the bowl and toss well.
- Once ready, allow the sweet potatoes to cool.
- Finally, add the potatoes to the salad mix, and then spoon the creamy avocado dressing on top. Stir before serving.