Protein and fibre packed, these spiced power bars are a nice alternative to bliss balls or muesli slices. I personally have one for morning tea or an after dinner snack. Not only loaded with protein, they contain some healthy carbs for energy from the dried fruit, and satiating, brain-healthy fats from the raw nuts. Anti-inflammatory, appetite-regulating, stamina-promoting and hormone-balancing superfood additions (turmeric, Maca, cinnamon, nutmeg) make it a sneaky source of abundant nutritional benefits! Enjoy 1 square/bar a day.
- 2 cup chopped raw nuts of choice, I used pecans
- 1 cup almonds (soaked overnight and strained)
- 1 scoop pranaon turmeric vanilla plant protein
- 1/2 cup goji berries (soaked for 10-30 mins then strained)
- 10 dried figss
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. maca powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- In a high-speed food processor, grind all dry ingredients until well broken down.
- Next, add in the dried fruit and maple syrup and blend together.
- Finally, add in the water as needed to allow the mixture to form a firm dough-like consistency.
- Line a baking tray or Tupperware with non-stick paper and press the sticky mixture into the base, forming a solid block. Option to decorate with leftover ingredients e.g. almonds, pecans, goji berries or extra spices.
- Set in the freezer overnight or for several hours, before removing and cutting in to slices or bars.
- Store in an air-tight container in fridge or freezer.