Inspired by one of my favourite rice paper rolls I always buy after yoga! I added tempeh and avocado for extra nutrition and satiety. The true star of the show here are the Shiitake mushrooms – these babies are antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory, containing vitamins, minerals and enzymes that improve immune function. They also boast chemical compounds that protect your DNA from oxidative damage, and are a source of B vitamins and small amounts of vitamin D. Underrated wonder foods! I used chia seeds for a little subtle crunch and extra healthy fats. You will love this with the creamy dressing. Enjoy!
- Standard serving size (50-60g) Rice noodles cooked according to package
- 1/4 avocado sliced
- 1 carrot julienne
- 3 small radish thinly sliced
- 100g tempehs sliced and pan-fried in Tamari 3 mins each side
- 5 shiitake mushroomss sliced
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 lemon juice only
- 1 tsp coconut vinegar / Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- Cook noodles according to packet and tempeh as instructed above, whilst you prepare veggies.
- Shake all dressing ingredients together in a jar, until smooth.
- Throw the noodles into a bowl (warm or chilled) and mix with the chia seeds and 1/2 the dressing.
- Toss through the vegetables until well combined.
- Add the tempeh and avocado and drizzle the other half of the dressing on top.