Satay Chickpea Cauliflower RiceFebruary 22, 2018
|Serves: 4 servings|
Difficulties: cauliflower rice/chickpeas/clean eating/gluten-free/gluten-free vegan/healthy dinner/healthy vegan/satay chickpeas/vegan/vegan dinner/vegan meals/vegan nutritionist/vegan recipes/weight loss
Cauliflower rice with a twist- A creamy, delicious, satiating topping to make this healthy, light dish even more nutritious!
For: 4 servings
- 1 large head of cauliflower quartered
- 1/2 brown onion
- 2 cloves garlics minced
- 2 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1.5 cup Mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. tamari
- 1 tsp. spicy herbamare (or sea salt + spice mix of choice)
- 400 g can organic chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 2 tbsp. (heaped) of almond butter
- 1/2 brown onion
- 2 clovess minced
- 2 tbsp. tamari
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 lime or lemon juice only
- 1 tsp. satay spice mix (ground)
- Pinch chilli/cayenne pepper
- Pinch Sea salt + black pepper
- Mince 2 cloves garlic in pan and allow to sit for 10 mins.
- Pulse onions and place 1/2 of it in a large frying pan. Heat pan with garlic and onion and set the other half of onion aside.
- Pulse cauliflower florets until all crumb-like, and add to the pan.
- Chop mushrooms roughly, throw in the pan.
- Add spices and tamari, stirring well.
- After approx 6 mins, add in the spinach leaves and place the lid on to wilt, for a further 3-5 mins.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan, saute the onion and minced garlic for the sauce for 3 mins.
- Add to the food processor with all other sauce ingredients and blend until relatively smooth.
- Add back to the pan to warm for a further 3-5 mins, stirring in chickpeas.
- To assemble, dish out the cauliflower rice mix into 3-4 bowls, and scoop the satay chickpeas on top. Garnish with any herbs of choice or extra chilli.