I usually finish off the night with a herbal tea, sometimes a chai with some nut milk, and then there is the occasion where I just need something more! Enter, this super delicious, soothing, sleepy sugar-free hot chocolate. Simple, healthy ingredients, with the addition of nutmeg acting as a gentle sedative aid. I hope you like it as much as me! Note cacao contains some caffeine, so if you are very sensitive, be mindful of enjoying this too close to bedtime. You will be able to tell if it effects you 🙂
- 1 cup plant-based milk of choice or 1/2 water 1/2 milk (Almond, Coconut, Hemp, Oat or Rice milk)
- 2 tsp raw cacao
- 1.5 tsp Natvia natural sweetener
- Pinch cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp tahini or almond butter (optional; must blend if using)
- Pour the milk into a small saucepan and place on low heat. Don't allow milk to boil.
- Whisk the cacao and Natvia into the milk whilst heating. Add a pinch of sea salt and a pinch or two of nutmeg and cinnamon. Stir.
- Allow to heat until warm, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer to a mug straight away to enjoy, or pour into the blender to make it extra frothy! If you are using tahini/almond butter, definitely blend it through 🙂 Yummy!