Sweet, spiced, and very nice! This beautiful loaf is delicious on its own or topped with any sweet or savoury spread. I don't find it too sweet to have avocado with (some might find this weird?!), but you can either ignore me, make it sweeter with additional maple syrup or give it a go :p Either way, we tried everything including coconut yoghurt, avocado, nut butter, tahini + maple drizzle or solo as a side to soup... and it was delicious every time! Toasts dreamily too. Enjoy your loaf and let me know how you like it, S
- 1 cup oats ground to a flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp. pumpkin spice or combo of cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ginger
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. ground flaxseeds soaked in 7 tbsp water for 5 mins (
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated (optional)
- 10 min
- 50 min
- Ready in:
- 1 h
- Preheat oven to 160 C fan-forced.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- In a blender, puree all wet ingredients (except flax-eggs).
- Pour wet mixture over dry to form your cake batter.
- Fold through the flax-eggs.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper, and use a spatula to pour your batter in evenly.
- Decorate with any additional pumpkin or seeds/nuts, and place in the oven for 50-60 mins.
- Once ready, allow to stand for at least 15 mins before slicing it and serving warm with a dollop or two of coconut yoghurt!