Just like my simple oats, this is a recipe that can be on repeat. If you want to mix-up the seeds with other seeds/nuts, add berries instead of banana, chia instead of flax etc. etc. feel free to make it your own for variety. Warming, simple, tasty and nourishing…. the sweetest way to start your day!
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1/3 cup coconut/almond milk
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds/linseeds
- 9 stevia drops or approx 2 tsp stevia/xylitol/maple syrups
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds +/ desiccated coconut
- If you have time, soak your quinoa overnight, drain and rinse. Otherwise, simply rinse dry quinoa and then place it in a small saucepan.
- Pour 1 cup filtered water over top, and bring to the boil.
- Cover, and allow to cook over low heat for approx 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the banana in half vertically and heat a small pan over medium heat with a spray of coconut oil.
- Sprinkle/drop/pour your 3 drops or 1 tsp sweetener of choice into the centre of the pan, use a spatula to spread it around, and then sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Place banana halves face down to cook for 3 minutes, flip and cook the second side for a further 2-3 mins. Banana should be soft and toasted. Feel free to sprinkle with additional cinnamon or spices of choice.
- When the quinoa is ready, water should have dissolved as the quinoa softens. Pour in your nut milk, 6 drops stevia, 1 tbsp ground flax, spices and sea salt and stir over low for a further minute or two.
- Use a spatula to scoop out the quinoa into your serving bowl, drizzle with extra nut milk if desired, a sprinkle of cinnamon and top with your caramelised banana, pumpkin seeds and/or coconut. Serve warm and enjoy!