Sugar Free Lamington Bliss BitesJuly 14, 2015
|Serves: 15 bites|
Ever wondered what to do with that left over almond meat from making your own almond milk? It does seem like a waste to throw it away! Well, it's spongy damp quality makes a great sponge cake replacement! Combined with coconut and cacao and you have a classic Australian flavour sensation... LAMINGTONS! I made these for my Canadian family and they loved them! Few ingredients, sugar free, dairy free, gluten free, raw and vegan - these are the easiest bliss balls to make. I hope you make them too. A healthy dessert option to bring to a gathering!
For: 15 bites
- 3 tbsp cacao
- 1.5 cups almond meat from making your own almond milk
- 1.5 cups dessicated coconut (leave 2 tbsp of this for rolling after)
- 4.5 tbsp xylitol/stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- In a food processor, blend/pulse all ingredients until a crumbly damp mixture forms, then roll into ping pong sized balls.
- Roll into additional dessicated coconut to decorate.
- Store in fridge. Best served chilled for at least an hour.