Burgers/patties are seriously the best way to introduce a meat-eater to a plant-based meal! They are so texturally and tastefully satisfying, and can replace any beef burger with ease. These are super tasty, super healthy and super easy to make. Try them ASAP and let me know what you think 🙂 To make the stuffed mushrooms pictured here, click here!
For: 8 - 10 patties
- 1 400g can, organic chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes drain the oil, rinse and pat dry.
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseeds
- 1 small brown onion chopped into quarters
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 5 cloves garlic
- 4 large stalks Kale finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch parsley finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin
- sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Use 1/2 of your chickpea mix plus all the other ingredients EXCEPT kale and parsley, process everything together in a high-powered processor (it helps to have the onion chopped) until paste-like.
- Next, add in the kale, parlsey and rest of the chickpeas and pulse several times until mixed through well.
- Take approx 2 tbsp worth into your hands and roll into a ball.
- Line a baking tray with paper and place each ball onto the paper.
- Use a fork or your hand to flatten slightly, forming patties.
- Bake in the oven for 25 mins, before turning over and baking the other side for a further 10 mins.