The best, most nutritious salad there is! This salad incorporates most of my nutrition staples – greens, sprouts, herbs, nutritional yeast, sea veg, fermented veg, energising and digestive-assisting spices, miso… everything in it is jam-packed and bursting with easily assimilated nutrition. I either have this as a starter/side salad, or bulk it up with a combination of beans, legumes, gluten-free grains and/or starches. It’s a great way to consume a variety of superfoods, in one easy hit! Watch your energy levels, digestion, skin, hair, nails, hormones thank you!!
- 3-4 handfuls leafy greens rocket, kale, spinach, silverbeet, cos, cabbage, brussels sprouts, broccoli etc.
- 2-3 handfuls colourful veggies tomatoes, carrot, cucumber, capsicum, onions, snow peas, shallots, sweet potato, beetroot etc.
- 1/4-1/2 avocado sliced
- 1 handful sprouts or microgreens sunflower sprouts, broccoli sprouts, radish sprouts, clover sprouts, radish microgreens
- 2 tbsp fresh herbs basil, mint, dill, coriander, parsley
- 2 tbsp fermented vegetables
- 1 lemon juice only
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp dulse flakes (or 2 sheets sliced nori)
- Pinch cayenne, turmeric (optional)
- 1-2 tsp miso paste (optional)
- Combine leafy greens together in a large bowl, roughly chopped or finely shaved.
- Pour lemon juice and ACV on top, and mix through either massaging with your hands or using salad tossers. Note: if using miso paste, pre whisk or shake it together with your lemon juice and vinegar before pouring over to ensure it is well-combined and evenly distributed.
- Next add your avocado. I like to use a fork to mix it through, allowing some of it to "mash" to form a creamy dressing.
- Toss in the salad vegetables, herbs and sprouts.
- Spoon your nutritional yeast, dulse/nori, and spices of choice on top, and toss to combine.
- Finally, top with a dollop of fermented vegetables.
- Make this salad a main meal by adding 1/2 cup of beans, legumes or tempeh +/or gluten-free grains such as quinoa or brown rice. You could even sprinkle some flaxseeds on top for extra nutrient points!