Inspired by all the delicious pumpkin dessert dishes from my travels to the US, I decided to make a decadent snack out of my cooked sweet potato staring at me in my fridge! This is a low sugar, grounding, warming and sweet-tooth satisfying snack or treat. It is a great alternative to coffee, but also a fun swap for healthy hot chocolates and turmeric latte’s. It is always nice to have variety in your routine, and with the cold Sydney winter upon us, it is definitely good to have a collection of go-to hot drinks instead of that second or third coffee!! Enjoy xxx
- 2 cup almond/coconut or rice milk unsweetened
- 1/3 cup sweet potato steamed or baked
- 1 tbsp stevia or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2-1 tsp pumpkin spice (or any combo of cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg)
- pinch sea salt
- 8 min
- Ready in:
- 8 min
- Warm all ingredients (except sweet potato) over low-medium heat on the stove, stirring occasionally. Heat for 5 minutes.
- Transfer spiced milk to blender, and add sweet potatoes. Blend until smooth and frothy.
- You may wish to transfer the latte back to the pot for further warming (depending how hot you like it!), or simply pour from the blend and serve in a mug 🙂 Sprinkle with spices!