Thai coconut & lime noodle saladAugust 29, 2017
|Serves: 5 servings||Prep time: 15min.||Cook time: 5min.|
This is an old favourite, veganized! I can't wait for you to try this flavourful dish. I used to make this with chicken mince, but now, have replaced it with delicious, healthy organic tofu. I am not much of a fan of silken tofu, so have decided to dice or "scramble" firm tofu here in place. If you like silken or know how to master it, feel free to use this instead. This one is just as good warm as it is cold! Enjoy 🙂
For: 5 servings
- 200g Rice noodless cooked according to instructions
- 400g organic, Non-GMO form tofus finely chopped/diced
- 1 tsp coconut oil for cooking
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium red chilli sliced
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- 3 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp coconut nectar
- 1/4 green Cabbage shredded
- 1/2 packet bean sprouts
- Large handful Snow pea sprouts (optional - extra nutrition!)
- 1/2 bunch thai basil chopped
- 1/2 bunch coriander chopped
- 2 shallotss sliced
- 1/2 cup cashews crushed, option to toast lightly
- 3 limes,s juice only
- Cook noodles and set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan or wok over medium heat and add coconut oil. Add the garlic and chillies and stir-fry until aromatic.
- Add the tofu (finely diced) and stir-fry for around 5 minutes.
- Next, add in curry powder, coconut syrup, tamari sauce and coconut milk. Stir well for a further 2 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Combine with the noodles.
- Add in shredded cabbage, shallots, half the bean shoots, and half the chopped herbs. Pour lime juice over and toss the salad.
- To serve, top with the rest of the herbs, bean shoots and crushed nuts.