|Serves: 4 servings|
Flaxseeds are best absorbed ground, and contain miraculous phytoestrogens that help to balance oestrogen levels. They are also one of the best sources of omega-3, and have been shown to improve blood pressure, blood sugar and appetite control, inflammation and digestion. Can you try sneak flax into everything? So far I get it in my smoothies, oats, salads, stir-fries, curries, bliss balls and muffins, and now, this fabulous french toast! You won't regret making this one, and the whole family will love it. Choose to serve it on it's own, with maple syrup/coconut nectar, nut butter, fresh fruit or homemade chia jam!
- 4 slices gluten-free toast (or toast of choice)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 banana
- 1 heaped tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 2 medjool datess (or 1 extra tsp stevia)
- 1 tsp stevia (or 1 extra date)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla exctract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp coconut oil (for pan)
- Blend all ingredients, except bread and coconut oil, in a blender or processor until smooth.
- Allow the flax mix to soak in a medium wide bowl for 10-15 minutes, to thicken.
- When ready, heat up the pan with coconut oil until hot, then lower to medium.
- Dip the bread into the bowl and cover one side of it in the flax mix, followed by the other.
- Pan-fry the bread for 5 minutes, before flipping and frying the other side for a further 4-5 minutes. Bread should be lightly toasted.
- Serve with berries, jam, maple syrup, fresh fruit or nut butter - your choice!