Sweet, crunchy, fresh, healthy… These make the perfect breakfast or brunch main. You won’t believe they hold so well without the egg and gluten! Delicious on their own, but I recommend serving with a plate of veggies and some avocado/guacamole and voila! You have a crazy delicious meal!
For: 8 fritters
- 2.5 cups raw corn kernals (approx 5 ears of corn, shaved)
- 2/3 cup brown teff flour
- 1/2 small capsicum diced
- 1/4 cup coriander finely chopped
- 1/4 cup rocket finely chopped
- 2 tsp herbamarre or other spice blend of choice
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced (optional, I made these FODMAP friendly but can definitely be added)
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds soaked in 4 tbsp filtered water for at least 10 mins
- Ensure you have soaked the flax in water until "egg-like".
- Place one cup of corn kernals and the teff flour in a food processor and blend. Next, add the "flax-egg". Blend.
- Throw all other ingredients into a large bowl, toss well (add spices, and garlic, if using).
- Use a spatula to scoop the dough from the processor into the bowl and stir well to combine.
- Heat a large frying pan with a little coconut oil and when hot, scoop 2 tbsp worth of batter into the pan.
- Pan-fry for 5 minutes, flip, and pan-fry the second side for 5 more mins. Continue with the rest of the batter until finished.