Vegan Walnut Caesar Dressing… So Creamy!October 28, 2015
|Serves: 4 people|
I've always loved Caesar for its creaminess and crunch! I like to add other raw veggies to mine... sliced cucumber, capsicum, tomatoes, onions, avocado etc. Don't just limit it to cos lettuce! This healthy dressing is a great vegan alternative to your typical Caesar dressing, with even more flavour. So healthy, so fresh, so nutritious. Enjoy on any salad you choose!
For: 4 people
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts or sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 avocado
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dulse flakes or 3 black olives Optional
- cracked black pepper
- In a blender or food processor pulse the walnuts until crumblike.
- Add the nutritional yeast, dulse flakes or olives, minced garlic, salt and pepper and pulse again until a meat-like texture.
- Add the lemon juice, avocado, dijon, ACV and water and blend on high for 30 seconds.
- Adjust seasoning to your taste.
- Pour over salad and stir well. Top with crushed Brazil nuts and extra nutritional yeast instead of croutons!