I’ve always loved Caesar for its creaminess and crunch! I like to add other raw veggies to mine… sliced cucumber, capsicum, tomatoes, onions, avocado etc. Don’t just limit it to cos lettuce! This healthy dressing is a great vegan alternative to your typical Caesar dressing, with even more flavour. So healthy, so fresh, so nutritious. Enjoy on any salad you choose!
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts or sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 cup filtered water
- 2 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 12 tsp dulse flakes or 6 black olives Optional
- cracked black pepper
- In a blender or food processor pulse the walnuts until crumblike.
- Add the nutritional yeast, dulse flakes or olives, garlic, salt and pepper and pulse again until a meat-like texture.
- Add the lemon juice, avocado, dijon, ACV and water and blend on high for 30 seconds.
- Adjust seasoning to your taste.
- Pour over salad and stir well. Top with crushed Brazil nuts and extra nutritional yeast instead of croutons!