A creation born purely out of a craving for nachos without corn chips in the house! It can also be tricky to find good quality corn chips, so for a healthy alternative, give this veggie-centred plate of goodness a go!
For: 2 serves
- VEG BASE
- 1.5 cup Mushrooms quartered
- 1 cup brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes whole
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 tsp mexican seasoning or spicy herbamare
- 400g canned or cooked black beans
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 large avocado ripe
- 1 lemon juice only
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves finely chopped
- VEGAN CHEESE SAUCE
- 3/4 cup raw cashews soaked 4 hours/overnight
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp gluten-free, unpasturised miso paste
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- 1/2 lemon juice only
- Pinch sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Prepare onions, brussels and mushrooms on a baking tray, lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Sprinkle with seasoning, and roast for 30 minutes. With 20 minutes to go, throw cherry tomatoes on top and finish roasting until brussels are crisp, mushrooms and onion are cooked, and tomatoes are juicy!
- Meanwhile, prepare the guacamole by mashing the avocado with lemon, salt and pepper, and stirring coriander through.
- Strain and rinse beans and throw them in a small pan with the miced garlic and cumin. Warm for 2 minutes, then use a spatula to lightly "smash" about 1/2 of the mix. Lower heat, and keep on the stove to keep warm.
- To make the cheese, simply blend all ingredients until smooth, in a high-powered blender.
- To assemble, plate/bowl your veggies. Place a scoop of black beans on top, followed by a scoop of guacamole and 2-3 tbsp of the cheese sauce (there will likely be leftovers of this delicious sauce! Great for pasta's too!).
- Sprinkle with additional nutritional yeast if desired, or any herbs of choice. Enjoy this healthy take on Nachos!